Pages

The Adventures Of Kel and Rhyn



PAINTING LESSONS

My little imaginative, actresses, artists, adventurous ladies in training. My world is never boring.....it can get hectic but never boring, LOL. I've been giving the girls painting lessons and they are learning more about patients because of the drying time in between colors- they love to mix every color in one big blob. I know that can also be artistic but I want them to see the difference in their work when they don't blend all the colors together. And after this lesson if they still choose to blend all the colors, then that will be fine. After explaining to them over and over that in order for them to not end up with a picture that is a solid mass of grey swirls, I decided to take charge of the creative process by only allowing them a few colors to paint with to start. I made sure they understood how to clean their brushes in between paint colors.I painted with them so they would see that a painting does not have to be finished in 5 minutes. I plan to give them more colors each session, once the girls understand the basics. And I find that when we talked about what they were wanting to paint before hand that they seemed more focused.

Class is in session :-)

Is there any craft that you enjoyed teaching your child and if so what was the extra lesson your child learned?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails